Eli had his surgery on his Achilles tendon on Wednesday. We knew that it was going to happen for a week or so, but the days leading up to it were very hard for me. Eli was such a trooper the whole time. I knew the worst part of the whole procedure would be that he wouldn't be able to eat seven hours before the surgery. The morning of the surgery we got up and fed him early and then he went back to sleep. We left for the hospital around 10:30 am and Eli woke up very angry with us. He wanted to eat so bad and the car ride up there was not fun. We got to the outpatient surgery center and after a little while of waiting we went into the pre-op room to answer some questions.
Here are some pictures to explain the day...
He didn't ever get in the crib, but I wanted to take a picture of it.
Eli laying on Daddy before the surgery. His eyes are red because he has been crying for awhile...
Mommy and Daddy with Eli before the surgery...
Answering questions and getting his vital signs...
Waiting in the step down room for our little "mister"...
Us with Eli after his surgery and getting to feed him a diluted bottle...
He is happy to be in his mommy's arms and getting to eat more than anything...
We are so thankful for our little trooper. He is such a wonderful baby. Thank you all so much for your wonderful prayers. We defintely felt them during the whole process. We are so thankful for the whole process to be over and on to the next adventure.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

5 comments:
I love reading your blog, Amanda. I've always enjoyed it, but the journey you're sharing on here with Eli that he will someday see is so special. PRAISE GOD that his surgery went well. I'm sorry about the no food thing...that's hard on a boy's tummy!
He is so precious! I'm glad that everything went well for him!
sooo glad all is well!!
oh that last picture is just the sweetest thing!!! I'm so glad it went well.
so glad it went well!!
Post a Comment