BOY!!!
His name is Ellis "Eli" Bradley Reeves. I got my boy!! He is such a blessing in our lives. Eli was born on March 10, 2009 at 11:02 am via C-section because he was breeched. He weighed 7 lbs 6 ozs. He was born with club feet and his hands are not fully functional. He has all of his fingers and toes, but is not able to use them like a normal newborn. Everything is fine though. His heart, lungs, kidneys, etc are all fully functionally. Brad and I were unaware of the physical deformities that he was going to have. My sonograms didn't show them at 19 weeks. He will go to the pediatrician on Monday to see where we need to go from here. We will have to go to a pediatric orthopedic doctor to see what kind of surgeries he will need to straighten out his feet and hands.
God has truly blessed us with him. We love him so much and can't believe that he is actually here. I can't believe I got my boy!! I am so blessed! Words can not describe how much I am in love with him. I didn't know how I would feel about having another child, but I could not be happier and more in love.
Madison has been a wonderful big sister and really loves her little brother. She always wants to know what is going on and how he is doing. If he cries she wants him to stop crying and see how she can help to make him stop. She did wonderful with us being in the hospital. My parents stayed at our house and took care of Madison while Brad stayed with me at the hospital. She came up everyday to see us. Since I had a c-section I had to stay for three days vs. the typical two days. Here is a picture of Madison at the hospital with us:
Madison eating lunch with Mommie and Eli (she loved it because she got to sit up on the bed with me)

8 comments:
praying for you girl! He is a cutie!
Eli is a precious angel boy! we love you all. xoxo
CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable and what a little blessing. We will be praying for you all!
Another gorgeous pic of him. Yes, you did get your sweet baby boy which you somehow knew was a boy the entire time...he started communicating with you a long time ago. You guys are in our prayers for sure...what a special blessing!
Congrats on your sweet baby boy! How darling he is!
Oh my goodness I didn't even realize you already had him!!! Congrats!!!! Boys are so fun and a wonderful blessing in my opinion! :) He is beautiful. Thinking of you as you begin a first year of challenges and blessings.
Congratulations, Amanda! we will be praying for you guys.
hi amanda! i'm praying for you guys...this post really touched me. he is adorable and one blessed little boy to have you as his mom!
Post a Comment